Wednesday 31 December 2014

IEO WORKSHEETS FOR CLASS VI

IEO WORKSHEET
CLASS VI

1.      Which one of the following sentence is correct?
a. I don’t know how many brothers and sisters do you have ?
b. I don’t know how many brothers and sisters you have.
c. I don’t know how many brothers and sister have you?
d. I don’t know how much brothers and sisters does you have?

2.      He is one of the boys                           
a.  who has written the letter.              
b.  who have written the letters
c.  who is the written the letter          
 
d.  who is being written the letters.

3.      ________you remember to lock the door?
a. Didn’t  b. Aren’t  c.  Haven’t  d.  Doesn’t

4.      Let                      introduce        to                   .
a. my, your, his  b.  me, you, him  c. myself, yourself, himself  d.  mine, yours, he

5.      Have you found              missing pen yet?
a.  your   b.  you  c. yours   d.  your’s 
6.      “Come on, walk faster,” urged my friend, “you are                 a tortoise.”
a. so slow  b.  as slow as  c. more slow  d.  most slow

7.      The film was more enjoyable               we had expected
 a.as  b.  than  c. since  d. after

8.      ______they told me is utter nonsense.
a.When  b.  How  c.  What  d.  Where

9.      I will not be able to find her                 you come with me.
a. unless  b.  so that  c.  still  d.  put

10.  His dream is                   an aero plane.
a. fly  b.  to fly  c.  flew  d.  to be flown

11.  Those who are cruel                  animals should be fined.
a.  at   b.  with  c.  about   d.  to

12.  He is fond                      Rover, his dog,  which is faithful                  him.
a.  for,  at   b.  of,  to   c.  to, with   d.  at,  about

13.  When she            her dinner, she sat down to do her homework.
a.  had eaten   b.  has eaten   c.  has been eating  d.  ate.

14.  These handkerchiefs are                        . Don’t mix them up with                
a.  my, her    b. mine, hers    c.  I, she    d.  me, her’s

15.  No, I                    go there by myself.
a.  aren’t   b.  hasn’t  c.  won’t  d.  haven’t

16.  I am not going     this weekend.
a.  somewhere  b.  everywhere   c.  anywhere   d.  Nowhere

17.  Having put on some weight, Rehana is clearly not as                         
as she was in her younger days?
a.  slim   b.  clever   c.  beautiful   d.  tall

18.  The new teacher spoke so softly          we had to ask her to speak louder.
a. and  b. that  c. what  d. who

19.  She shouted            loudly         everyone came running to see what was wrong. 
a.  such …that     b.  so ….. that    c.   as….. as     d.   so ….. as

20.  We met ----   of our friends at the exhibition. 
a.  any   b.  a few   c.  a little   d.   much


21.  I will not sing the song              you sing it with me.
a. unless  b.  because  c.  lest  d.  for
 
   22. My grandmother really loved Juan. She left all her money to Federico and ----
         a. he    b.   him    c.  them     d. they
   23.  It's been snowing ________ Christmas morning.  
         a.  since     b.  for     c. until      d. unless           
   24. My best friend lives ______ Boretz Road.  
      a.  in     b.  on      c. at       d. upon          
  25. I am not interested _____ buying a new car now.
      a.  to    b.  for   c. in   d.  at
   26. In the fall, the valleys tend to be ___________ than the hilltops. 
      a.  foggy      b.  more foggier    c.  foggier    d. much foggier
   27.   The Karmen-Ghia used to be _________________ sportscar. 
      a. a fine German    b. a German, fine   c. a fine, German  d. German , a fine.
   28. A student in that all-women's college should have no fears about ________ future.
     a.  her   b. their        c. their’s       d her’s 
 29. Neither Tashonda nor _____ am responsible for this mess. 
   a.  I      b.   me   c.   her     d.  him
 3o. Saul's brother left the matter entirely up to _______ and _______ . 
a.      He, I        b.  him, I    c. he, me    d. him, me
31. A swarm of bees ----- building a hive outside the bungalow.
   a. is    b.  are    c. am    d. were 
32. This  fantastic story is -------- than the one you are reading .
   a. Most interesting   b.  more interesting    c. less interesting   d. interesting
 33. I don’y have ----- milk on my cereal .
   a.  many   b.  much   c. some   d. a little
 34. Let us wait here ------ the rain stops
    a. unless   b. until       c. and    d. because
  35. Anant  has a guitar , ----- she plays it really well .
a.  so    b. but     c. or      d.  and  
 36. I ------ a maths lesson everyday .
   a. get    b. have     c. like    d.  live
37. The train has not ----- yet .  We’ll catch it if we hurry .
     a.  leaving    b.  going    c. left     d.  liked
38. Miss Sharma  usually travels to school by bus but today she ----- her car .
    a. takes    b. take    c. is taking    d. taking
39. A person of his ------ will get a job easily .
    a. able    b. unable    c. ableness    d.  ability
 40. The abstract noun of ‘ strong ‘ is
     a.  stronger    b. strength    c. stongest   d . stronghold
   41.  We need a --------- to help us understand this letter . It’s written in Spanish .
      a.  translate    b. translator    c. translated    d.  translating  
    42. The ----- of pupils are listening attentively to their teacher .
       a. club    b. class    c. school    d. unit  
     43.  There is a box of sweets on ----- table  .
       a.  a    b.   an   c. the      d.   none of these
    44. What is ----- time by your watch ?
      A .the     b.an      c.  a     d.  none of these .
     45. In many cities the water ------- and piped to our homes .
         a. is purified    b. purified   c.  are purified   d. purifying .
    46. How old are these houses ? When ----- built ?
     a.  are they   b.  were they   c. are them    d. were them .
   47. Coffee  ------ in many countries such as China and India .
     a. is grow    b. is grown   c. grow    d. growing
    48. He said , “ It  is raining heavily “ .
         a.  He said it is raining .
          b. It is raining he said .
          c. He said that it was raining heavily .
            d. He said that it rained . 
    49. He said , “ I am going for a movie with my friends “.
     a. He said that I am going to a movie with my friends .
       b. He said that I am going to the movie with his friends
      c. He said that he was going for a movie with his friends.
       d. None of the above.
   50. He said ,” Please save my life “.
     a. Please save his life he said .
        b. My life please save he said to me .
        c.  He said to save his life .
         d. He requested me to save his life .
51. If you want to be good at football , you  need a very  ----- spirit .
    a. compete    b. competition   c. competitive      d. competitor
52. Going to Disneyland was ------ day of my life .
    a. The most exciting    b. Most exciting     c.  The more exciting    d. More exciting
 53.  We are  standing ------- his house waiting for him .
     a. Outside    b. yesterday    c.  never    d. angrily
54. We  ----- go to sleep by 10 PM.
      a.  regular     b. normal    c. usual       d. generally
55. The sun is shining and the birds ------ . What a beautiful day !
         a. are lending    b.  are putting   c. are singing   d. are standing
  56. That was the best chocolate cake I ------ ever ------.
      a. have/ ate      b.   have/ eaten    c. have/ eat   d.    have / eating
  57. Who is the person -------- this picture ?
       a. across      b. via    c.  on       d.  in
  59 . She turned up for the picnic -------- .
a.      Unexpected     b. Unexpectedly    c. expected    d. none of these
     60 . I can’t believe ------- she is a mother of three.
a.      That       b. only    c. than    d. only
     61. Harjeet did not reply ---- my letter .
          a.  In     b. for      c. to     d. with
      62. Choose the correctly spelt word
           a.  kiten    b. catie       c. penicellen       d. bucket
     63. Choose the correctly spelt word
     a. kriminal          b. juge     c.  lawyer     d.  cort


64. Choose the wrongly spelt word :
     a. actually    b. celebration    c. ocasion     d. often
  65. Choose the wrongly spelt word :
      a. triangle      b. telescope       c. telivision      d. scissors
  66. Animals which live in water -----
     A.  Amphibians     b.  Gregarious      c.  Acquatic    d. Vegetarian
    67. Game in which no party wins -----
      a.  Tie    b. Final    c.  Stopped       d. Postpone
  68. A person who books your tickets on a bus -----
      a. Driver     b. Conductor    b. Inspector   d. Client
   69. Things were different ------ I was young .
      a. because     b . then      c. when     d.  until
   70. Walk quickly ----- you will be late .
      a. or     b. when      c. because       d.  so


 
     













No comments:

Post a Comment